4th of July treats!
Festive Rice Crispys
crispy treats are one of my all time favorite snack and making them festive for the summer holidays just adds that cute little touch for parties or for some fun baking. they are simple, delicious, and the perfect dessert for a 4th of July BBQ!
Time: 1-2 hours
- Rice Crispy cereal
- one bag on marshmallows
- one stick of butter
- medium pot/stirring whisk
- 9" x 13" pan
- festive sprinkles (optional)
How to make:
- put 1/2 cup of butter (one stick) into medium pot on medium heat and allow it to melt
- add one bag of marshmallows to the pot and stir until all are melted
- remove the pot from heat and add 5 cups of rice crispy cereal
- mix until all crisps are coated evenly and add sprinkles if desired
- spread the rice crispy mix into a 9" x 13" pan and put into fridge to harden (for as long as desired... I did overnight)
- take out of the fridge, cut, and set out for friends!
Firework Fruit Kabobs
these kabobs were my personal favorite to make. they were seriously the easiest to make. they add the cutest but healthy option to the table and look like cute little fireworks exploding from the sky.
Time: 5-10 minutes
What you need:
- star cookie cutter
How to make:
- wash blueberries and cut watermelon
- cut star shaped pieces of watermelon and set aside
- place blueberries on the skewers in various amounts
- place watermelon star on top of the skewer and you're done!