In my opinion, Christmas time is the craziest, most fun, exciting time of year. No matter what you're doing, it is a hundred times better during this time of the year and I can't quite pin down why. From ice skating, to finding that perfect tree, to drinking hot cocoa, it's all a special event and I quite like that. When it comes to the holiday season, I am constantly making lists of all kinds. Lists of gifts to buy, movies to watch, people to visit, and things to do fill my journals and notebooks and I thought I would share one with you all. So, with that said, here is my list of top 15 things to do this festive Christmas season:
1. First and foremost, find that all so perfect tree.
2. Coming close to first, decorate the house as festive as possible (cheesy snowmen and all).
3. Watch as many Christmas movies as humanly possible including White Christmas, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Christmas Vacation (of course there are many more but that is an entirely different list).
4. Bake, bake, and bake some more!
5. Read the birth of Jesus in the Bible (I mean He is the real reason we celebrate this amazing holiday).
6. Decorate a gingerbread house.
7. Go on a drive to look at all the festive lights in the neighborhood.
8. Wear an ugly sweater.
9. Drink peppermint hot cocoa with lots of marshmallows by the fire.
10. Go to a Christmas tree lighting and/or parade.
11. Listen to Justin Bieber's Christmas album and all other classic holiday tunes (it's not a real holiday without Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" am I right?).
12. Do a fun advent calendar (and actually remember to do it every day).
13. Have a present wrapping afternoon with festive music, cute wrapping paper, and fancy ribbons.
14. See a Nutcracker performance live.
15. Wear cozy socks and festive PJs for a whole day.