Festive Rice Crispy Treats
I made these rice cripies for my family and friends for 4th of July and everyone could not stop talking about them. If your looking for a simple, fun treat to make all your friends ask how you made them then these are definitely for you.
What you need:
-1/2 cup butter (one stick)
-6 cups of marshmallows
-6 cups rice crispies
-sticks to put the rice crisps on
-white chocolate (any color you want on the crispies)
-festive sprinkles (any kind you want will work)
How to make them:
1) melt the 1/2 cup butter in a medium saucepan
2) when the butters melted add 6 cups of marshmallows to the saucepan and melt them
3) add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the pan
4) add 6 cups of rice crispy cereal to pan
5) mix until all of the rice crispies are evenly covered
6) oil your 9x9 pan with vegetable oil so the crispies don't stick to your pan
7) pour the rice crispies into the pan
8) refrigerate over night
9) cut the rice crispies into squares of any size and put the sticks in them. refrigerate them again for an hour.
10) melt the white chocolate/ dye it the color of your choice (only if you want it a specific color) and dip the tips of the rice cripsies in the chocolate and cover with sprinkles
11) refrigerate until needed and enjoy!